Best Foods for Keto Diet
What are the Best Foods for Keto Diet? Ketosis starts with healthy fat consumption, healthy fiber, moderate protein, and very low sugars and simple carbohydrate foods. It is the most proven healthy fat loss method on the planet. It works because it’s not calorie counting or calorie restriction that does the heavy lifting but your hormones that determine whether you lose weight or keep the weight on at all costs.
Certain foods for keto diet meal planning do just that; they accentuate those foods that boost your growth hormone, reduce your insulin resistance and bring you back to a healthy insulin sensitivity while you burn stored body fat as energy. You want to choose the keto foods that do not spike your insulin levels or cause stress to your body as they will release cortisol (the stress hormone) that will signal your brain that you need to store fat for survival and keep it packed on.
If you don’t use the best foods for keto diet, or do it incorrectly (too many calories at once) it can cause you to lose lean muscle mass and make you diabetic and very unhealthy if you don’t get your hormones under control. Using the best foods for keto diet meals and planning will stop the unhealthy hormonal cascade and restore your health from the inside out. And you will transform your body from insulin resistance (pre-diabetes, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis and cancer) to insulin sensitivity (healthy body composition) and burning off your stored body fat as energy!
Healthy Keto Foods
Healthy Keto Foods can cause and keep your hormone levels in proper balance so you burn stored bodyfat as energy. It can help you prevent and even reverse metabolic disorders like pre-diabetes and diabetes by restoring proper insulin sensitivity so your body works the way it is intended to work for you. Certain foods boost ketosis and other foods stop ketosis cold. If you stay on course you can reap life changing results from a healthy keto diet plan.
Eating the best foods for keto diet help you spur rapid weight loss (permanent belly fat loss) while retaining healthy lean muscle mass and stop the negative effects of insulin resistance, like diabetes and heart disease. Here are the best healthy keto foods to consume for a boost in natural ketosis:
- Grass Fed Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil (extra virgin olive oil)
- MCT Oil (medium chain triglyceride oil from coconuts)
- Turmeric Root (turmeric-curcumin is the healthy spice used in Indian dishes)
- Ginger Root
- Pasture Raised Organic Eggs
- Pasture Raised and Grass Fed full fat Beef
- Pasture Raised Organic Chicken
- Wild Caught Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines, and Oily Fish
- Bone Broth (it has protein and collagen without carbs or fat)
- Salad Greens (Organic green leafy vegetables)
- Cruciferous Vegetables (Organic broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts. Cabbage)
- Organic Dairy (full fat, not light or low fat)
- Berries (blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, boysenberry, marionberry)
- Coffee (particularly bulletproof coffee)
- Green Tea (Matcha green tea is great)
- Mushrooms (particularly reishi mushrooms)
- Cacao (raw chocolate, without added sugar, highest % of cacao is best)
- Lemon (a couple teaspoons of lemon in a tea is great)
- Cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon is best)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ideally Bragg’s or ACV tablets if you can’t handle the acidity)
- Include the Best Keto Supplements to help you boost your ketosis results at any time!
Eat these foods regularly as they will help keep your body in a healthy and disease resistance state of ketosis. Eat the ones at the bottom of the pyramid first. I usually break down my healthy keto diet plan into two meals spaced 4 hours apart and eat nothing in between. That keeps my body in ketosis and also activates the miraculous healing properties of Autophagy!
Foods to Avoid on Keto Diet
You want to get results fast with a healthy keto diet plan, then you will want to avoid certain ketosis inhibiting and limiting foods and substances. Here are the top Foods to Avoid on Keto Diet plan to keep you in a healthy fat burning and ketosis:
- Sugars or Simple Carbohydrates (6 grams or less)
- Most fruits (berries are the exception, but still not more than a cup)
- Breads and Pastas (you can substitute a cauliflower crust bread or pizza)
- Starchy Vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, avoid or limit to 1/2 to 1/4 serving)
- Processed foods
- Wheat, Corn, Soy, Grain foods
- Trans Fats (margarine)
- Cooking Oils (vegetable oils, seeds oils, canola oil)
- Low fat or no fat foods (particularly dairy)
- Excess protein (yes even protein can be metabolized and stored as glucose if too much is taken in at one time. Limit to one main protein dish. I personally eat one protein meal per day, and the rest high fat and leafy greens. This way I get the benefit of both staying in ketosis as well as inducing the whole body rejuvenating and healing properties of Autophagy! You can see the difference and similarities in keto foods v.s. an autophagy diet if you’re trying to heal from a serious or inflammatory condition or you want to really boost your anti-aging to a whole new level.
Avoid the foods that inhibit ketosis and you’ll continue to make wonderful fat losses. Make the best keto foods a staple in your daily meal plan and you will look, feel and be healthier than you ever have. You will have to buy new clothes. I had to buy new clothes 6 sizes smaller after 4 months, luckily I have stabilized at an ideal weight now and look amazing!
Keto Coffee Creamer
What is the best Best Keto Coffee Creamer and ketosis booster? If you’re a coffee lover then you’re in luck. Coffee, even decaffeinated coffee has been shown to enhance the effects of ketosis. Particularly Bulletproof Coffee with MCT creamer, because it is infused with either organic grass fed free range butter, or fractionated MCT oil. It is a great way to start your day and boost ketosis all morning long. It can even start autophagy in your body by speeding up autophagocytosis (the process where autophagy cells break down and clean up damaged proteins in your body and use the free amino acids to build new healthy cells and DNA. You can literally heal yourself with your morning keto coffee!
You can use it in Keto Tea as well. You can use it the same way. Matcha green tea (keto green tea) is particularly great for ketosis and autophagy. If you’re not a tea drinker, you can get the benefits without drinking it by using the active ingredient called ECGC that gives you the autophagy benefit of green tea, without having to drink it. That is what I do; I drink coffee for ketosis and autophagy in the morning with MCT oil (bulletproof coffee), and a little Ceylon cinnamon. It really has helped me heal from some chronic nervous system conditions and helped me lose 60 pounds of belly fat!
Keto Diet Plan
The best Keto Diet Plan is based on using foods that are low sugar and carbohydrate and high healthy fats with moderate protein; that’s why it’s the best foods for keto diet meals. Here is a great diet for ketosis that you can use to supercharge your ketogenic fat loss benefits right now. Here is a sample Keto diet plan meal to get you started:
- Upon awakening take 1 tablespoon EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) with 2 reishi mushroom capsules and one ECGC (green tea extract) capsule.
- 20 minutes later have a cup or two of Bulletproof coffee with Ceylon Cinnamon or Cacao powder in it.
- A couple hours later (11:00 am to 12:00 pm) have a protein meal or regular meal.
- 4-6 hours later have a large green salad with an avocado and full fat salad dressing. I squeeze a lemon on it and sprinkle some walnuts on it. I also include a piece of high fat cheese or eat some macadamia nuts because they are almost all fat and no protein or carbs.
- Some evenings I’ll have a shot glass of red wine as the resveratrol in it is very helpful for autophagy.
- Rinse and repeat.
- Vary your protein rich meal and low to no protein meal timing but keep it to a 16-8, 18-6 or 20-4 eating plan.
- Try OMAD (one meal per day or every other day as you get good at it, of if you’re trying to heal from some serious condition like cancer, nerve damage, diabetes, etc.
The Healthy Keto Diet Plan really works wonders for your health and can help you look and feel better than you ever have. The only side effect I noticed is that I had to buy all new clothing as my regular clothing was not 6 sizes too big! Use the above best foods for keto diet meal planning and you will get the results you only wished you could have before. It flat out works!